If you encounter the following problems when setting up Bookmap, it is most likely you have previously installed a cracked or unapproved version.
Here’s what you can do to fix these errors:
1. Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directly into Windows Explorer’s address bar.
2. Alternatively, you can also access previously installed files by going to This PC folder.
- Then select > Local Disk (C:') > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc
3. Right-click on Hosts and select Open with.
4. Then select Notepad or Wordpad.
5. Delete the listed lines below on your text editor. Then click Save.
6. Re-launch Bookmap. Then follow the steps in this article on how to connect Bookmap.